How to Connect Your Gaming Controller to Your iPhone
Moe from Mondo / 11-06-2021 / Tech news
Big on using your Apple iPhone for gaming, but not loving the touchscreen controls?
Hit your best scores by connecting your PC, PlayStation or Xbox gaming controller to your iPhone (or any Apple device) with iOS 13 or higher. While not all games are supported in this mode, most of the favourites are available and benefit from the use of the external controller.
As is often the case when pairing any two devices, Bluetooth is the preferred option – and the same can be said for enhancing your gaming experience. Bluetooth provides wireless connection and allows for unimpaired gaming.
Xbox One + Bluetooth
- An unusual approach, but when pairing your Xbox One check that Bluetooth on your phone is turned OFF then turn your attention to your controller.
- Ensure your Xbox One controller is fully charged and disconnected from your console.
- Enter pairing mode on the controller by first tapping and holding the Xbox button. The button should begin to flash.
- Press and hold the Share button at the top of the controller.
- While holding the button, turn back to your device and enable Bluetooth to activate search mode.
- Xbox Wireless Controller should appear on your device screen.
- Select the option and you’ll be paired and ready to go!
PS4 + Bluetooth
- Falling back into routine, start with your device and turn your Bluetooth ON.
- Press and hold the Share and PlayStation buttons at the same time.
- Your controller light should start blinking.
- Check your device for a pop-up message.
- Select the name of your controller and pair up!
If you’re the lucky owner of both an Xbox One and a PS4 console, you will have to unpair one of the controllers from your device in order to use the other – but this is really is a small price to pay for a slicker smartphone gaming experience!