1.2 What personal information do we collect and process?
1.2.1 The types of personal information that we collect and may process includes information necessary for our legitimate business and administrative purposes. This may include your name, surname, identity number, gender, age, physical address, postal address, email address, and cell phone number. We will never request that your personal banking details be entered into any electronic form on our Website or social media platforms when you apply for any deal or service.
1.2.2 We will limit the types of Personal Information that we process to only that to which you consent and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests and for the purposes of facilitating the business relationship between yourself and Mondo. We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes relating to our business if one or more of the following applies:
- a. if you have consented thereto;
- b. if a person legally authorised by you, the law or a court, has consented thereto;
- c. if it is necessary to conclude or perform under a contract we have with you;
- d. the law requires or permits it;
- e. if it is required to protect or pursue yours, ours or a third party’s legitimate interest; and/or
- f. if you are a child, a competent person (like a parent or guardian) has consented thereto.
1.2.3 We will collect Personal Information from you when you register or apply for a deal on our website or when we otherwise interact with you on various other platforms.
1.2.4 Consent to Perform Credit Check
By submitting an application on our websites, you acknowledge that you hereby grant Mondo and other entities and partners of the Rewardsco Group permission to conduct the following:
- 126.96.36.199 To contact, request and obtain credit information (for the avoidance of doubt this includes any and all information held on your profile by relevant credit bureaus, including payment profile information) to verify your identity, perform an assessment of your behaviour, profile, payment patterns, indebtedness, whereabouts, and creditworthiness or another related purposes in any format (including in pdf, xml or raw data string) and to continuously access information from credit bureaus for as long as you may have a relationship with the Company.
- 188.8.131.52 To make any reasonable enquiries to verify and research any details provided by you to the Company.
- 184.108.40.206 To access the information in any format, including online, batch and raw xml string, and consent that the enquiry should not be displayed on your credit profile if the enquiry was not performed for credit application purposes.
- 220.127.116.11 To submit your information, including payment profile, default information and any other relevant information to credit bureaus and to allow said credit bureaus to release the information for lawful purposes to third parties.
1.2.5 We use Google AdWords Conversion Tracking and Facebook Pixels to collect visitor data and analyse traffic on our Website. This information helps us understand customer interests and improve our Website.
1.3 Your agreement in relation to your personal information
1.3.1 By submitting your Personal Information to us:
18.104.22.168 you agree that we may Process your Personal Information for, amongst other things,
- (i) the purposes of registering and maintaining you as a customer of Mondo,
- (ii) providing you with access to our services; and
- (ii) for any of the purposes listed at paragraphs 1.4 and paragraph 1.5 below.
1.4 When will we process your Personal Information?
1.4.1 Personal information may be processed by us in several ways when:
22.214.171.124 you apply for a deal or register as a customer of Mondo;
126.96.36.199 you make use of our services and access our Website; and
188.8.131.52 you register to receive any notifications from us.
1.5 How do we use your Personal Information?
1.5.1 To the extent allowed by law, we may use your Personal Information:
- 184.108.40.206 to provide services to you;
- 220.127.116.11 to retain and make available to you any information as part of the services;
- 18.104.22.168 to verify your details;
- 22.214.171.124 to facilitate any payments by you regarding your business with Mondo;
- 126.96.36.199 to provide you with any publications and newsletters;
- 188.8.131.52 for security, administrative and legal purposes (including enforcing any rights we may have against you in law); and
- 184.108.40.206 for helping us in any future dealings with you;
- 220.127.116.11 to perform credit checks in relation to a deal for which you have applied.
1.5.2 Mondo may share your Personal Information with carefully selected third parties with whom we have entered into contractual arrangements for the purposes of performing any of the services that we provide to customers.
1.5.3 Mondo may be required to disclose your Personal Information without your consent when such disclosure is required by law or any order, notice or request of a regulatory authority.
1.5.4 A “cookie” is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The “cookie” contains information to personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience on our websites or applications. The “cookie” will also identify your device, such as your computer or smartphone. By using our websites or applications you agree that “cookies” may be forwarded from the relevant website or application to your computer or device. The “cookie” will enable us to know that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use the “cookie” to prevent fraud.
- How can you find out what Personal Information Mondo stores and how can you amend or update your Personal Information?
2.1 To find out what Personal Information we have processed that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update your Personal Information, please make such request, in writing, to Mondo.
2.2 You may request Mondo, at any time, to correct any of your Personal Information should it come to your attention that Mondo’s records are incorrect.
2.3 We will keep your personal information for as long as: the law requires us to keep it, a contract between you and us requires us to keep it, you have consented to us keeping it and/or we require it for our lawful business purposes. For the avoidance of doubt we may keep your personal information even if you no longer have a relationship with us, if the law permits.
- Governing Law
Contact the Rewardsco Group Information Officers:
Derek Skewis: Derek.Skewis@rewards.co.za; or
Dwane Farquharson: DwaneF@rewards.co.za
Contact details for the Information Regulator (South Africa):
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017